Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

12 March 2009

Varg Vikernes To Be Released From Prison

After his four applications for parole were denied, Varg Vikernes (Count Grishnackh) formerly of Burzum was finally told he will be released from prison after 16 years incarcerated.

Vikerenes was serving a 23-year sentence for the murder of Oystein Aarseth (aka Euronymous), guitarist of Mayhem and owner of Deathlike Silence Productions record label that Burzum was signed to. Varg was also convicted for setting fire to three churches.

Varg says that he is "...ready for society..." and has been for many years. He told Dagbladet newspaper, "I have learned from my mistakes and become older. Now I just want to be together with my family...I have barely seen my [18-month old] son since he came into the world. Even though I hear his voice on the phone almost every day, it is very tough to not be present while he is growing up." Varg regularly left the prison for the past couple of years to visit his mother, wife, 16-year-old daughter and young son in Tromso, Norway, the town where the prison is located.

While some, like the Justice Ministry, fear that he will not be able to adjust to life on the outside, Vikerenes said, "I look forward [to] the day that I could work on my farm, create music, write books and be with my family around the clock---and live a normal life." When asked by VG newspaper about if a "normal life" involves communication with Neo-Nazi groups he formerly endorsed, Vikernes said he "...[hasn't] been in contact with them for a long time."

Varg may have been paroled earlier, but was denied the second time he applied because the Justice Ministry claimed he escaped prison in 2003.

Varg will join his family in Bo, Norway, where he recently purchased a farm. Once he has been released, he is required to check in with the authorities every two weeks, and then after some time, every month.

source: metalunderground.com

0 Responses:

Post a Comment